CCP Module 16: Fundamental Cloud Virtualization
This course provides solid, end-to-end, foundational coverage of virtualization technologies, types and mechanisms. Core topic areas pertaining to the fundamental virtualization mechanisms and types used within contemporary cloud computing platforms are explored, along with various key performance indicators and related metrics.
The following primary topics are covered:
- A Brief history of Virtualization
- Virtualization Concepts and Definitions
- Traditional vs. Contemporary Virtualization
- 10 Virtualization Types
- Data Center, Storage, Application, Desktop, Network, Server, etc.
- 18 Virtualization Mechanisms
- Virtualization Agent, Virtual Server State Manager, Virtual Appliance, Virtual Firewall, etc.
- Virtual Machines, Hypervisor Drill-Down
- vCPU, vRAM, vDisk, Virtual to Virtual Conversion
- Thick and Think Provisioning, Virtual Switches, NIC Teaming
- Service Virtualization ROI and Strategic Benefit
- Virtualization Considerations for Cloud Providers and Consumers
- Resource Pooling and Management, Virtual Infrastructure and Management
- Monitoring and KPIs
- Capacity Planning and Management Considerations
Duration: 1 Day
Related Exam: Exam C90.16: Fundamental Cloud Virtualization
Self-Study Kit: CCP Module 16 Study Kit: Fundamental Cloud Virtualization